Welcome!

This is a blog about everyday life. Food, gardening, photography, and nature. What you won't find are pictures of lots of people.



Please leave a comment so I can pop over to your blog and visit!


Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What Happened to Spring?

Spring! Oh Spring! Why hast thou departed?


It is nearly April and it is 36 degrees Fahrenheit at noon.  Sheese. It snowed the other morning and has been below freezing several nights.  This is Kentucky!  We should be well on our way to spring weather. The only good thing is I didn't have time to start my plants.  In this weather the seeds wouldn't sprout anyway.

Even though it is cold I went in search of some more signs of spring.



Funny that I've worked here for a long time and never followed the budding trees until I got a camera. 


The one above is still wearing his jacket.  Smart Bud.




I cannot remember what flower will emerge so I'm as curious as you.  I don't know what kind of tree it is either.  I think its all closed up just waiting for some warm weather. 

It is so cold and miserable the squirrels are hiding.  Brrrrrrrrr!

3 comments:

Brenda The Bregle Rebel Bag Lady said...

We had a little tease of autumn (fall) and then we have got lovely warm days again. still hot enough only to have a sheet over us at night. and usually at easter we all start up our fires etc. im sure when our autumn arrives you will get your spring. maybe that earthquake knocked the seasons out of alignment lol. ps yes chunder is vomit if that was what you were thinking.

Unknown said...

Looks like a Magnolia coming into flower. Rug up and keep warm, Mary. Maa.

Susan said...

The weather's just been crazy hasn't it. All the world over!
Love the buds - oooh that gorgeous colour.