Welcome!

This is a blog about everyday life. Food, gardening, photography, and nature. What you won't find are pictures of lots of people.



Please leave a comment so I can pop over to your blog and visit!


Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Lunchtime Art #2

Anyone that knows me knows that I spend a lot of time at the office.  I am fortunate that there are not rules here and I can make it a second home.  I am not a decorator, nor am I an artist in the traditional sense but I do like to decorate my area with random objects that I consider art.  These can be rocks or plants people have given me or stuffed toys.  For many years I kept a buddha on top of my monitor because I just wanted to have him there.  No other reason.  But after ten years and the arrival of two new monitors I gave him a new home on my table/desk.

This is his replacement.  A closer look......
I was at a store one day when I noticed a coin-operated-toy-giving-quarter-taking-machine.  I couldn't see anything at all in there I would not mind owning for 50 cents so I went to my vehicle and robbed my coin stash, popped the coins in and gave it a good hard twist.  This little guy popped out.  I'm not sure who was more amused, me or the cashier who was watching.



I love his roundness and his eager little black eyes.


He sat here at the edge of my monitor for a couple of weeks but today when I started writing this I moved him.

I think he likes symmetry better.  Or maybe that is just because its on my mind right now.  I don't get many visitors over here in my area and so far nobody has even noticed him sitting up there.  I don't notice him that often.  But when I look up from my work this is what I see....



I don't understand why calling someone a pig is an insult (aside from the fact they can be messy but most animals are).  My little pig is cute.  He brightens my day  and I would be willing to bet I'm the only one in the office that has a toy pig.  And I display him proudly and hope that whenever someone notices him they will smile.

Have a great day!  I hope you find some joy in something simple today!

4 comments:

Buttons Thoughts said...

Mary he sure makes me smile. Pigs are not messy or dirty they are amazingly clean animals, much better then some people. If called a pig I think in most cases it is a compliment. That is me though I think different. If he makes you smile he was worth the few coins.B

Unknown said...

What are you gonna do if he speaks to you one day? lol! Yep...Cute. Maa.

Independent at 50 said...

he is so cute. and his name is.......???
he made me smile, so i hope that he makes you smile. i really like the way he looks from your perspective. you know, i have a car door buddha that stays in a little nook in my car door. he has the most important job, keeping me in a happy, zen-like mood while dealing with road crazies. he is so good at his job. he has even helped a few of my fellow passengers....not deal with me mind you, i'm easy :-)

Susan said...

Ahh, I think he's so cute. It's the perfect spot for him too.