Welcome!

This is a blog about everyday life. Food, gardening, photography, and nature. What you won't find are pictures of lots of people.



Please leave a comment so I can pop over to your blog and visit!


Saturday, March 26, 2011

Turkey Hunting

A couple of weeks ago a co worker came over into my area and announced a wild turkey was walking across the yard out in front of our building.  I snapped a quick shot of her out of the window.
That is her right above the red truck.  It was a cold windy day and I ran off leaving my co worker holding the screen we had removed from the window.  I heard him laughing as I rushed down the steps.

I ran across the parking lot and along the side of a building then stalked her  as she disappeared into the brush.


I got a couple of more shots off before she disappeared into the culvert.  Smart girl.  She wasn't crossing the interstate highway via the road!


That white concrete slab to the right of her is the headwall to a culvert that runs under I75.



Very unusual to see a wild turkey in the city like this.  I was thrilled!

I don't know why but the wild turkey population is on the rise here.  It always gives me hope when a native species makes a comeback.

2 comments:

Independent at 50 said...

maybe we could get your Tammy turkey together with my Tom turkey and produce little Jer-tucky turkeys. :-)

Mary said...

They sound edible Independent