Welcome!

This is a blog about everyday life. Food, gardening, photography, and nature. What you won't find are pictures of lots of people.



Please leave a comment so I can pop over to your blog and visit!


Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Signs of Spring

This is what greeted me outside the window last week.
I knew spring was out there.  I intended to go find it.

Hmmm. Not there.

A possibility!

Looking closer..........
Do I see something there?

Buds!  The snow has protected them.

This bud looks quite enthusiastic.  No doubt that sunshine feels good.  It certainly is good for my soul to see an end to a long cold winter.

That little dog  in the sweater agrees!

5 comments:

The Provincial Homemaker said...

Thankyou for sharing. The seasons are so different in North America - we don't have the beauty of a thaw here in Australia, justa different warmth to the days in Spring.

Unknown said...

Now that will be something to look forward to Mary. After all the doom and gloom in the world at the moment you can still see mother natures beautiful side. The seasons will go on....... Maa.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Mary A bud lucky you.I can't wait to see them. B

Susan said...

I just loved your take on a hunt for Spring Mary :)
Gorgeous photos too.
Oh boy, you must be hanging out for it too, after all the snow and cold.

Independent at 50 said...

i like the new brown look on your page.

sweater weather...YEY! warm and cozy in fall and light and airy in spring.