Welcome!

This is a blog about everyday life. Food, gardening, photography, and nature. What you won't find are pictures of lots of people.



Please leave a comment so I can pop over to your blog and visit!


Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Relish and Our Little Buddy

I've been working too hard so I am taking a longer break for lunch than usual.  I was so happy last night when I dashed out in my front yard and picked an onion that had volunteered itself these past 2 warm weeks.  This was his destiny:

See his little green tail (chopped beyond recognition) perched atop the tomato and cucumber?  He was delicious too!

I love some relish with my beans.  In case you are wondering it was a simple salad of chopped tomato, cucumber, jalapeno and green onion.  I added some black pepper, salt and a couple of shakes of vinegar.  Oh, and of course, I had cornbread.

After I was full I went outside to see how the little bud was doing.  He has lots of company now.


That is him in the foreground, but first remember what he looked like in the freezing cold?



Now take a look!

4 comments:

Brenda The Bregle Rebel Bag Lady said...

aint nature just the most entertaining. a little nob one day then transformation into blossom and leaves, simply beautiful

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to say Hello,
I welcome not only Spring buds in there full beauty but some picked right out of garden food...The relish looks Yummy!

~~HUGS~~

Susan said...

A nice health lunch Mary - looking good.
Your bud is coming on beaut. Makes a great picture!

Buttons Thoughts said...

That salad looks good to me. Oh buds I can't wait to see them. B