Welcome!

This is a blog about everyday life. Food, gardening, photography, and nature. What you won't find are pictures of lots of people.



Please leave a comment so I can pop over to your blog and visit!


Thursday, June 30, 2011

Camping Part 3

Something about the outdoors makes food taste so good!  I indulge with pancakes in the morning.  Homemade with runny blackberry jam.  Luxury camping involves a portable kitchen.
It's ready to go, mixed up at home and just add the egg and buttermilk.

I always take too much food and eat too much but I never feel guilty about it!  The pancakes attracted the kids next door and after breakfast they decided Uno was hot.

Uno is obviously in love!  He's a dominant little dog and NEVER exposes his tummy to anyone voluntarily like this!

The neighbor's are from Chicago.  I officially retract any disparaging remarks I may have made about Yankees in the past.  These folks didn't talk funny nor were they in a hurry or unfriendly.  They were a joy to be around!  I let Sophie pick out a dishcloth to give to her momma.
She picked the brown and green one.  I was particularly proud of that one as I successfully followed a pattern for maybe the first time in my life!

For my loyal friends out there in bloggy land ~ I cannot comment on my blog posts!  I have wanted to respond to your comments but alas, Blogger has other ideas.  Please know I read them all and appreciate hearing from you.


Have a great day!

5 comments:

fairymom aka Victorymama aka Rachel said...

Are you using internet explorer? I was having the same issues (not being able to comment) and found if I used a different one (like Mozilla Firefox) then I have no issues at all. I tried all the suggestions from the "help" page on Blogger but they didn't work!

Unknown said...

Mary, Make sure when you sign in, that you untick the 'keep me signed in' box. You will have no more problems.
Love the jar with the pancake mix in it. Your breakfast sounds yummo! Wish I was there with you...I'm sure we'd have a grand time. Maa.

Mary said...

Thanks Maa! And I'm sure we would have had a blast too! No dieting while camping. It is a rule.

Brenda The Bregle Rebel Bag Lady said...

love that no dieting while camping, i think i shall make a sign for my caravan. ive just been able to log on this morning after being unable to access my dashboard for a few days. it just came right.

Susan said...

A perfect camp brekky Mary! I'm willing to bet that Uno got his own little pancake too ;-)

Great posts, enjoyed coming along on your camping weekend. Cheers!