Welcome!

This is a blog about everyday life. Food, gardening, photography, and nature. What you won't find are pictures of lots of people.



Please leave a comment so I can pop over to your blog and visit!


Monday, June 27, 2011

Camping Trip Part 1

Some of you may remember the front end hitch I had installed back in the winter.  Here it is in all its glory.
It comes in real handy when I have to back the trailer into my driveway.  Camping is supposed to be fun and this little implement is worth every penny!

My home away from home.  This is a real change from my back packing days when a whole weekend's worth of food, shelter, and clothing fit onto my back!  Luxury camping at its finest.  Here is a peek inside.....

I made those little thingies so I could reach the zippers to open the windows. 

 We were asked to leave the first campsite but as it turned out we got a better one.  The trails were closed to horses so the equine section was open to regular folks like us.  We had a nice view.

The dogs liked going for walks without a leash. 

Peabody is getting old so he decided to stay behind.

Sugar was able to trot along quite well after her arthritis pill! Uno, of course, was all over everything.

      
There wasn't a soul on the trails which pleased me.  I like the solitude with my dogs.
The weather was perfect.  I hardly broke a sweat and it was very relaxing and peaceful.  But as you will see next time, I had some interesting neighbors!

3 comments:

Susan said...

You've a beaut camper trailer - your home away from home. It looks so cosy inside and has everything you need... even the kitchen sink! Those zip thingys are real natty (great) - easy on the eye, as well as functional :D)

That's a lovely camping site too. Waking up to all the bush sounds - bliss :D)

Thanks for the walk along the track too - can see how much the dogs enjoyed it as well.

Looking forward to part 2 :D)

Unknown said...

Can I come too? Looks like a lovely time to be had. Just what I need....and some great company too. Maa

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh camping I love it well not in a tent on the ground but it is always peaceful and I always love fishing if there is a lake. Can't wait to see more. B