Welcome!

This is a blog about everyday life. Food, gardening, photography, and nature. What you won't find are pictures of lots of people.



Please leave a comment so I can pop over to your blog and visit!


Friday, July 1, 2011

Bobby

I got to work this morning and put out some birdseed and the bob tailed squirrel showed up!
He had been by a couple of times in the past few weeks.  I knew he was okay because a coworker on the other side of the building sees him.  I was very happy to see his  tail has healed up and he looks very healthy again.
Yes!  I have peanuts for you Bobby!

Check out his tail.  It is all bushy and his fur looks thick and shiny.
It's going to be a good day!

Thanks to Rhonda Jean over at Down To Earth for sponsoring this!

8 comments:

Susan said...

Wonderful to see Bobby again ... I adore it when you photograph this cute little fella!
Awww, that second picture of him looking in at you - he's so sweet.
Glad all is well with him :D)

Anonymous said...

lol..bobby...what a cute name for a squirrel!
love,andrea

BLD in MT said...

That second picture IS super adorable! Actually, that squirrel is just super adorable in general. It is neat that you have a friendly squirrel neighbor!

Sue from Ky. said...

i know Bobby is so special to you.We love watching the animals from our front porch swing.You can get attached to pets so easily. Even wild things. I lost my one white rabbit today,after it ran into a wire and punctured his eye out yesterday. I had no clue she was that low. I was washing her eye out with Epson salt water, and thought she was doing better. I put her back in the Potting room this morning and an hour or two later, she had died. It hurts so bad to loose my pets.

Becky said...

I had to share this story with my sister-in-law, Alina as my nephew LOVES SQUIRRELS - he calls them "puppies" - he will be 2 shortly. I bought him a squirrel feeder for Christmas and he gets so much joy out of it seeing his "puppies" each morning at the feeder.

Mary said...

Susan~I'm so glad he's back and seems in good health. Sawn48 ~ I was worried because after his tail literally rotted off I wondered if he'd survive because his fur was coming out and he looked really bad. Then he disappeared so I thought he'd died. I was shocked at how attached to him I'd become. I'm so sorry about your rabbit. I've never had one and they are so beautiful I don't think I could survive the heartbreak of losing one.
Becky~ Enjoy the puppies!! :)

Amy said...

A very cute squirrel. We don't have any in New Zealand. Our neighbour feeds the local birds though, and sometimes Munchkin (1yr) and I go and watch them all squabble over the bread and seeds. Amy

Dmarie said...

the adventures of Bobby...gotta love it!! :-D