Welcome!

This is a blog about everyday life. Food, gardening, photography, and nature. What you won't find are pictures of lots of people.



Please leave a comment so I can pop over to your blog and visit!


Friday, June 17, 2011

Hippie Girls

A week or so ago the neighbor's daughter requested a rainbow dress for her doll, and I had a request for me to post a picture of it when I was finished.  Finally, last night I got around to completing the outfit.  The rainbow dress turned out frumpy and tacky. But that's ok H will like it anyway.


I probably should have taken her jammies off first.  Perhaps that is why she looks so surprised.  Her knickers are literally in a twist!



There.  She looks a bit more comfortable in this view.  Uno is very curious because I also have H's stuffed doggy  on the swing.


No Uno you can't play with the doll OR the doggy.  Get your own toy.


Good boy!  Now back to the doll.  The dress was so tacky I decided it needed more ornamentation.  And she is barefoot so why not a necklace?

Peace and love my brothers and sisters. 

A young male coworker once called me a hippie.  I've decided it was a compliment.  I've been called worse!

So there you have it.  My little hippie girl.  Oh, and Uno got the collar!

I'll make the doggy another one.

2 comments:

Susan said...

The rainbow dress turned out beaut Mary - and dolly looks very happy in her hippieness :D)

Independent at 50 said...

Did H like the new dress? did H know that the necklace and headband look hippieish?