Welcome!

This is a blog about everyday life. Food, gardening, photography, and nature. What you won't find are pictures of lots of people.



Please leave a comment so I can pop over to your blog and visit!


Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Camping Part 2

With the downturn in the economy more people are camping I'm told.  Also, for the first time this particular state park was fully booked with no walk in sites available.  Even the primitive area was nearly full.  Nearly every site is now available to reserve online and those few that aren't can be reserved by phone.  News to me and I've camped there for years.

Now I luxury camp but the first neighbors that drove up really had it goin' on!

Yes that is a golf cart.  It was unloaded out the back end of their camper.  They also had a boat!  I figured this was at LEAST a hundred grand in recreational equipment.  My camper is quite extravagant for me but these people are serious about comfort!  They had two nice little pomeranians too.  Harley and Chopper (I guess they left the motorcycles at home).

Bad picture but they are chasing the golf cart for their exercise.

Harley (standing) owns that cart!

The first night a family camped right next door (had some horse poop right next to the picnic table~I was tempted to take it home because it is GREAT for compost but I guess some folks are squeamish about poop in general even though horse poop is like ground up grass).
I don't know how they all slept in that little camper but they did!  I don't usually post pictures of people without permission but I don't think he would mind.  He and his wife trusted us with the kids who completely stayed at our site the whole time so I figure he'd trust me with his photo too.  It was refreshing to interact with children whose parents weren't scared of everything and everyone.  They kept a watchful eye is all.

When I first drove up I spotted Bambi and her fawn.

See Baby leaping into the woods?  Later after my nap Momma was outside my window.  She wanted soooo badly to cross through the grass but she finally decided to play it safe.  I think she was looking for Baby.
This shot was taken through the screen from inside the camper.  Later on when I went for a walk I found their tracks and that is how I confirmed she had a fawn with her earlier.

I also found evidence of the raccoon that stole the bread!

Coons can be a real nuisance camping.  I quickly remembered to crate the dogs next to the food.

Stay tuned for Part 3!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Half the fun of staying in a campers' area is 'people watching' isn't it - the sights you see! I'm enjoying sharing your fun.

I love the deer and her fawn shots - oh, they're so sweet, and relatively tame to be so close to everyone :D)

Buttons Thoughts said...

Wow camping or luxury camping I cannot decide. The deer photos are great. I love their colour this time of year. B