Welcome!

This is a blog about everyday life. Food, gardening, photography, and nature. What you won't find are pictures of lots of people.



Please leave a comment so I can pop over to your blog and visit!


Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Visitor

Sitting in my swing the other afternoon doing my usual crocheting and sipping a beverage I had a visitor.  She has been around quite a lot lately.  She has big brown eyes and I have been wanting to get a picture of her to show!    I've watched her fighting with the other neighbor gal a couple of doors down.  She must be very territorial.  So, I dashed inside and got my camera and I managed to get a few pictures before she dashed around the side of the neighbor's house.

I tried to get closer so you could see her lovely long ears.

But she ran.

 I look forward to seeing her again, and maybe her babies too!  I think she owns this yard and the next one over because it looked like the other rabbit won the fight.

I will be offline until early next week so everyone have a great weekend and I hope to have lots of pictures of random beauty to share when I get back.

3 comments:

Sue from Ky. said...

My neighbor had some type of rabbits that he raised which had long ears and ran super fast. They were a breed used in training hunting dogs, but the fascination for me about them was the fact that they would stretch out under the yard trees and lie around like a cat or a dog.You could see them in his front yard,most days, just lying there,relaxing.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Mary I just love seeing rabbits. We have a few around here but I remember 20 years ago we used to have so many. We also had Jack rabbits my favourite, they almost looked like a small child sitting in the grass I miss them. Unfortunately coyotes love rabbits and calves. Nice pics.B

Dmarie said...

had to laugh...here I've just been cursing the bunny(ies) for nibbling away at our Swiss chard!!