Welcome!

This is a blog about everyday life. Food, gardening, photography, and nature. What you won't find are pictures of lots of people.



Please leave a comment so I can pop over to your blog and visit!


Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Portrait of Darrell

I took these photos back in the spring when I was home.  This picture pretty much encapsulates what I see in my mind's eye of what we call "a good ole boy" here. 


I've known him and his family all my life.  He calls me by my nickname and I call him by his (Squirrel).  I'd be willing to bet he doesn't know the origin of my nickname any more than I know the origin of his nickname.



Darrell is mostly a hunter and farmer.  He offered me this wildcat if I wanted to have it stuffed.



It had been terrorizing the farm animals.  I declined even though I thought I could probably make some money off of some rabid UK fan (University of Kentucky for those of you from afar).  But make no mistake, Squirrel is good to animals.









 But mostly he just grows things now and enjoys his view.








Just a little glimpse into a beautiful Kentucky spring morning that caught me unawares!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Darrell sounds like an interesting chap.
Love the ground level photo of the asparagus!
A pretty little glimpse of the blossom :D)

Unknown said...

We have quite a few homeless people here too, Mary. Just recently there was a 'sleep out on the streets' which involved businesses- to raise awareness and money. Maa