Welcome!

This is a blog about everyday life. Food, gardening, photography, and nature. What you won't find are pictures of lots of people.



Please leave a comment so I can pop over to your blog and visit!


Monday, August 8, 2011

Uno's Point of View

Just some pretty pictures for you to enjoy today.  My gardening get up and go seems to have got up and went.

What is it about squash blossoms that is just so darn photographic?
I love okra and it is just coming on.  This is a fascinating plant to me.
This is the bloom from my grandmother's hosta.  My Uncle Frank will love seeing it as all my grandmother's old fashioned flowers were moved (and the log cabin) when they sold the farm.  These plants are indestructible and will grow anywhere.


Time to do some clean up!  I've got lots of kale in the freezer.  This next photo was supposed to be broccoli but it looks like some sort of kale perhaps?
I love the geometry of a sunflower.  Spirals are just cool.



Here is that little devil Uno.  He loves the garden!


I let him chew on the stem.

Have a great day!  Don't forget to stop and smell the roses!

3 comments:

Sue from Ky. said...

Did you know there is a town in Kentucky named Uno? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uno,_Kentucky

Susan said...

Well your gardening photography has some 'get up and go'... beaut photos in around and under the various pretty plants.
I love how you've got your Grandmother's plants now growing in your garden.
Uno is having a very healthy chew :D)

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh Mary I love that you have your Grandmothers hosta. We have my Grandmothers bleeding hearts they have been moved quite a bit but the plant is well over 50 years old. B