Welcome!

This is a blog about everyday life. Food, gardening, photography, and nature. What you won't find are pictures of lots of people.



Please leave a comment so I can pop over to your blog and visit!


Friday, July 22, 2011

On My Mind

Joining Rhonda at Down to Earth

It is hot here!


And I have had hot tasks to do as well.  At least most of it is inside in the AC.




I ended up with 7 quarts of zucchini pickles, 5 quarts of bread and butter pickles, 9 pints of green beans, and 11 pints of kale.  I will relish it all this winter and think about the heat too!

9 comments:

Tania said...

Gee all that preserving done and in the heat too, a job well done!

I need to get into preserving more food, I have done some fruit before, but not too many veggies, I have tried bread and butter pickles though.

Tiff :o) said...

Too bad the canning can't until you want the heat in the house in the winter. Great job getting all that done!

Evi said...

Oh my - nice of you to drop my 'place' Mary! But I am really impressed after poking around here!! All that lovely home made wine! I've always had a secret yearning to make my own wine (mind you I rarely drink any) and I think you might just have inspired me..... to make it and to drink it!
And thats a lot of pickles you have there - they look delicious!

Susan said...

You've spent a very productive time Mary. So good to have them sitting in the pantry.
Thank goodness for AC ;-)

Mary said...

Welcome Evi, Tiff and Tania! Susan I love to have a stocked pantry. It reminds me of home and the big gardens we used to raise.

Dmarie said...

GORGEOUS!! so enviable! and thanks< Mary, for the tip about repurposing part of a rubber glove onto a broom to keep it from slipping. love that!

Becky said...

What a wonderful lot of goodness for your pantry.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Wow Mary that is hot hot hot . They look delicious. You can sit back and think of this hot weather while eating them later. B

Unknown said...

Well done Mary. It might be time consuming, but don't you get a lot of satisfaction out of it? Maa