Welcome!

This is a blog about everyday life. Food, gardening, photography, and nature. What you won't find are pictures of lots of people.



Please leave a comment so I can pop over to your blog and visit!


Friday, August 19, 2011

House Maintenance Pt II

Joining Rhonda at Down to Earth  for her "This is on my mind" photo Friday.........

After 10 days of painting til the late faded in the evening I see the light at the end of the painting tunnel!  The bedrooms took 3 THICK coats to cover.


The windows got a coat too.  They need more than just paint but that is another day's work.




 At the time of this picture I had some more touch up on the windows.





Next up is the dining room, living room and kitchen.  The bathroom door and window needs a little attention.  I'm about two thirds of the way done.

Living room


Dining Room


Bathroom.  Don't  you love the birdbath sink?  (NOT)  The tile is in good shape.  Nothing a little TLC can't help.



I love this kitchen! To the left out of the picture is a huge pantry.  The window looks out over the back porch and yard.  Cabinets are painted (not in this photo), and I will paint all the woodwork and fix the backsplash on the sink.

I took the evening off last night, but today I intend to finish the trim in the living room and dining room.   By Monday the goal is to have the inside totally repainted.  Then on to the outside where the real challenges begin!

4 comments:

Buttons Thoughts said...

Lookin' Good Mary. B

Mary said...

All done but the kitchen now. I'm weird, I love working on old houses, even if I don't live in them!

Dmarie said...

plain to see that a LOT of work went in to these before and afters. well done...wish I had half your energy, Mary!!

Susan said...

Preview

Edit
Susan said...
My goodness you've been working hard Mary!
The lighter colour in the bedrooms make such a difference as well. Looking good :D)