Welcome!

This is a blog about everyday life. Food, gardening, photography, and nature. What you won't find are pictures of lots of people.



Please leave a comment so I can pop over to your blog and visit!


Monday, August 15, 2011

House Maintenance

Hello Folks!  I hope you have missed me.  I've been working 3 hours a day painting a house.  The tenant left the back bedrooms some of the darkest hideous colors I've ever seen.  Take a peek.


First coat of primer helped.  But it took 3 coats to cover it.  Paint paint paint!



I'm about half way done with the inside then I'll move on to the outside.  Windows are in an ill state of repair and the deck needs some TLC.  I think you will be impressed with the before and after pictures!

But for now  I'm painting my fool head off!

6 comments:

Susan said...

You're making a great difference already! Such a big job Mary - you'll feel beaut when it's all done though :D)

Dmarie said...

oh, wow, impressed with you, Mary! can't wait to see the afters!

Mary said...

I'm starting to run out of steam! I will feel the 2nd wind when I actually complete the indoor painting. Hopefully the new tenants will be happy there. Whoever they may be.

Anonymous said...

Oh My word..covering such dark colors brings back a flash of memories of when our boys decided to paint their rooms dark blue..sigh..took forever and more than one day to bring those walls back to white..So, I salute you!
~~Peace & Love~~

Brenda The Bregle Rebel Bag Lady said...

Dark blue walls are hideous, but i love the green, im a real greenie. still it does make a place dark.
You cant run out of steam, we need to see the end now!

trump said...

Greetings from the Amish community of Lebanon,Pa. Richard from Amish Stories.