Welcome!

This is a blog about everyday life. Food, gardening, photography, and nature. What you won't find are pictures of lots of people.



Please leave a comment so I can pop over to your blog and visit!


Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Rupert's Journey

  While I was watching the grammy awards on TV I made Rupert some clothes for his journey.
I thought the bow tie idea from your comments was a good one obviously.  He does look a bit like an artist in this outfit don't you think?  It takes a secure happy man to wear a bow tie convincingly. 

Here he is adorned in his full wardrobe.

I cut your comments out and taped them to some colored paper to put in the box with Rupert.  I think my friend will be delighted that people from so far away have this connection to her.  I also added your location.

If any of you read The Piano Lesson from a much earlier post you might find it interesting to know that Stacy lived on the same street a couple of doors down from the piano teacher and she knows all the "fictional" characters in the story.  She even knows the unseen visitor  that the black maid helped out the back door.   (Yes, I'm old enough to remember the time when some people had black maids ~ for you folks abroad this wasn't necessarily a bad thing at the time because there really were very few jobs, if any, for black women)

I continue to believe that it is these little things in life that we do are the most important.  Without fanfare but from our hearts we reach out and touch others to make this world a better place.

I challenge you all to practice a random act of kindness this week!  I would love to hear about it.  I'm sure others would too.

5 comments:

Marie said...

Mmmmm, I had written a comment but my computer did something weird and I don't know if it sent it or not.
Anyway, I was saying that your bear is beautiful and that I hope your friend gets better. It's hard when anybody is sick but if it is a major illness it is so heartbreaking on top of that.
Best wishes to her.

The Provincial Homemaker said...

Love Rupert's new look.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Mary Love Rupert. Random acts of kindness. I have not left my farm this week with all the calves I will do something. I always try to. I am going to my Mom for supper and the evening. You are a good person Mary.

The Provincial Homemaker said...

JUst regarding your post on my blog - I have a Daphne box set from Virago Modern Classics. It has 9 of her novels. My plan is to finally finih reading them all this year, 5 down 4 to go. But, I do know that VMC has published a lot more of her novels. I am enjoying them, each is very different from the others.

Independent at 50 said...

Rupert looks dashing. I know that he is going to make Stacy smile.