Welcome!

This is a blog about everyday life. Food, gardening, photography, and nature. What you won't find are pictures of lots of people.



Please leave a comment so I can pop over to your blog and visit!


Sunday, February 6, 2011

Birthing a Bear

After a lot of help I managed at last to give birth to my first sewing project that involved a pattern.
I'm pretty amazed it turned out this well......
Looks like I have the sepia button active on my phone camera, but he's still cute!  So cute he is simply irresistable!

WHAZZAT?? A Toy?  For ME??
Here I come!






No Uno NO!!! He isn't yours!
Whew!  Lil Bear is saved....
And safely awaiting his next adventure!

He definitely needs a name.  Maybe some eyes?  A nose?  What do you think? 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Mary- That is one cute Ted. If my little dog saw that, she would want to play too. Well done. When are you starting the next one? Maa.

Susan said...

Good job! Lil Bear is so sweet... love his scarf too.
Definitely some eyes needed - got to keep a lookout for Uno who absolutely wants him for his own ;-)

Buttons Thoughts said...

Hello Mary nice job. I love your dog he is cute.

Independent at 50 said...

I just love UNO!! and the little bear is adorable. i think that i like him just with the scarf. he should have his own wardrobe of scarves....rustic ones, elegant ones, jazzy ones, dapper ones...............then when summer comes round, he could wear bow ties.
but really...the next one should be adopted out to UNO. you know you could fill these with catnip and voila the perfect kitty toy for all of your friends' kitties ..... wink, wink

Brenda The Bregle Rebel Bag Lady said...

I like the last comments about a wardrobe of scarves, and the name uno. i probably would have said rupert because the tv show rupert the bear had a little scarf like that, plaid i think.(hey it was 35 years ago or so)

Vi said...

Cute Bear, well done! Yeah some eyes & nose would finish him of nicely. :-)

Mary said...

Thank you all for the comments. Independent ~ I like the idea of a wardrobe for the bear too. Susan ~ I will follow your advice on eyes and Uno wants everything for his own especially my socks. Brendie ~ Uno is the little dog but I like Rupert for a name. Maa ~ soon I shall start on his twin and lastly Vi~ a nose he shall have!