Welcome!

This is a blog about everyday life. Food, gardening, photography, and nature. What you won't find are pictures of lots of people.



Please leave a comment so I can pop over to your blog and visit!


Thursday, April 7, 2011

This is on my Mind

Thanks to our host Rhonda over at her blog down-to-earth.  Today I have my visitor on my mind.  I've gotten his room ready and I hope he is comfortable and happy there.  I go to get my visitor this weekend.  He is my elderly uncle who is very very near and dear to my heart.  I'm sure you will hear more about him in later posts.  He was raised living the life so many of us are blogging about. 


It isn't fancy but it is clean and comfortable and full of light.  And so fitting I put this up here today.  It is his mother's (my grandmother's) birthday. 

4 comments:

Susan said...

It's a lovely, welcoming, room for your special guest. Have a lovely visit together.

Independent at 50 said...

Happy birthday, grandma!

i know that you are going to have a great time together. What a nice chair to have in a guest room.

Unknown said...

Mary, the room looks very welcoming. How lucky to have your dear visitor. Happy birthday to your grandmother. How old may I ask? Maa

Mary said...

He was quite taken with the doll and she sits proudly on his pillow every morning after he makes his bed.

My grandmother was born in 1888. I'm the baby of two babies of the family so I was raised by old people. My uncle and she raised me on the farm while my parents ran an old country store during the day.