Welcome!

This is a blog about everyday life. Food, gardening, photography, and nature. What you won't find are pictures of lots of people.



Please leave a comment so I can pop over to your blog and visit!


Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Little Flower

I went for a walk in the woods.


I came across some wildflowers.

My mother always said to "balance" a flower arrangement in threes.  Or odd numbers if you had a lot of different flowers.  I see how complete this little flower is with three petals.

Sometimes something very simple makes me very happy........




.....like taking a break from digging in the dirt to enjoy some apple raspberry wine.

Cheers!

4 comments:

Independent at 50 said...

WOW!! your mom was ahead of the curve...that is so true. once you know the rule of three, just try to do anything (decorating, arranging or landscaping) in fours or twos...it just never feels right or settled.

i wanna share some wine with you. beautiful color!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Your Mom was very smart.Pretty flowers. B

Brenda The Bregle Rebel Bag Lady said...

pretty wine!!

Susan said...

I love how you mentioned what your Mum says about things of 3 or balancing. It's so wise, and, yes it always feels right.
A lovely walk down that inviting path, and a beautiful find.. thanks for sharing it.
Mmmmmm, a nice relaxing home-made wine is a lovely break from digging!