Welcome!

This is a blog about everyday life. Food, gardening, photography, and nature. What you won't find are pictures of lots of people.



Please leave a comment so I can pop over to your blog and visit!


Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Thanks to Rhonda over at Down To Earth  for hosting.  Today I have a photo of my mother to share!  She has been gone nearly 30 years but as you  all know she will never be forgotten.  A thanks to Melissa, a friend for scanning this picture for me.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you mommas out there!


This photo was taken in the early 1950's a few years before I was born.  Momma rarely posed for a picture and the next one is a bit earlier and apparently taken on the farm.  Oh, and I know what she was saying!  Don't take my picture!


Don't you love the dress?  This was back in the day when they made everything.

I won't be blogging for a week or so.  See you all soon!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your pretty mother, Mary. Take care and I'll look forward to your return. Maa.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Mary Your Mother looks beautiful. It is a very pretty dress. Have a nice week Mary. B

Susan said...

Mary, your Mother is stunning, and her gown is so beautiful. I love her necklace too.
Such treasured photos ... especially if she was photo-shy.
Have a good week. I'll keep an eye out for your return. Cheers :D)

Independent at 50 said...

i see you in your mom. she was adorable. and i love the farm picture. looks VERY familiar. one of my favorite places in the whole wide world.