Welcome!

This is a blog about everyday life. Food, gardening, photography, and nature. What you won't find are pictures of lots of people.



Please leave a comment so I can pop over to your blog and visit!


Saturday, December 11, 2010

Finger Puppet!

I wanted to make some presents for Christmas this year and it started with hats.  Then while I was waiting on head sizes I took a detour into finger puppets.  I thought it would be a nice surprise for my little great neices all aged < 6.  I made two out of cotton. 

Meet Gus!

That is my friend modelling Gus on her finger.  I don't know if I will give him eyes or not.  I got his nose from an elderly lady's old sewing box I inherited as she is too old to sew now.  My sewing skills are minimal but I managed (with my friend's help) to get Gus a very fine nose!  He also has a mate named Sadie (not pictured).

Making all these Xmas goodies is fun!!!  What are you making for Xmas?

1 comment:

Susan said...

Gus is Gorgeous!! He has his personality even without eyes doesn't he.
Your friend looks quite delighted to be modelling him too.

That's nice you've inherited the elderly lady's sewing box - oooh I bet it's full of great little nik naks as well as needles and thread. She'd love to know it's being used too I'm sure.

I'm not making any pressies this year - the little ones aren't so little now so we hit the shops ;-) I'll be doing some good old home cooking for the children so they can all relax and have a rest after a busy year. I'll put my pavlova recipe on one of my pages on my sidebar - that's one of their favourites.

Bye for now :D