Welcome!

This is a blog about everyday life. Food, gardening, photography, and nature. What you won't find are pictures of lots of people.



Please leave a comment so I can pop over to your blog and visit!


Thursday, July 19, 2012

Nothin' Much To Say

Hello Dear Reader,

I felt compelled to write a short note to explain my absence.  After blogging for about a year I got really busy at work and then I just ran out of things to say. I decided early on I wasn't going to disclose a lot of personal information about the other people around me and I've kept to that.  It does make the blog a bit impersonal on a level and I certainly enjoy reading about the lives and loves of those who do put themselves out there in a very personal way but it isn't my style.  I would like to think you get to know me in the way I write and the subjects I discuss and not from me telling you directly. 



I love reading blogs.  Some bloggers write everyday about the most mundane and sometimes private details of their lives, some relate the progress of projects,  some just journal.  I'm not certain where blogging fits into my life.




I love "meeting" people from different places.  I'm a loner by nature and this sort of interaction suits me.  I like having no obligation to be social and can visit whenever the mood hits me.

I write the blog at work as my home is a no computer zone for me.  I spend 9 hours a day glued to a computer and once I've left the office I'm done with them.  I find that this type of work makes me more tired than any other job I've ever had in my life.  I can't say that I dislike the work.  I don't.  I love what I do.  I just don't like being stuck in front of a computer so much.  I don't have much in common with my co workers either.



So, I am going to enter into a rather random phase of blogging.  I may not always be positive, or happy, or instructional in anyway.  But one thing I will promise you is I will be real.  I have grown weary of the other forms of social media.  It all moves too fast for me.

I'm headed to the woods for a few days.  I wish I could say I will be alone with just me and the animals, but it is a family visit (a new baby arrived a month ago).  I am just glad that my brother lives out in the boonies, the backwoods of Kentucky where I can enjoy the peace and quiet.  Everyone else stays in the house so that leaves me free to sit in the shade with the beverage of my choice, or stroll around in the woods or take long drives.

I had dreaded this trip until just a few days ago.  I am NOT a baby person at all.  I like the young 'uns when they can talk and walk.  Thank heavens my family knows this and doesn't expect me to do much aside from the expected oooooohs and aaaaaahs.  And most importantly, it is a pretty baby so I can say so.  I'm not one to tell people lies and you certainly can't tell someone their baby isn't pretty!

Here's to a new round of blogging!

Cheers!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How lovely to see you Mary. I'm one of those that can just 'blurt' out my problems..... as you probably already know :) I'm also very isolated etc so I can relate to being what you call 'a loner'. I call myself reclusive sometimes.
I do like to keep up with your posts and yes, I feel I have got to know you a little this past year or so. Hugs Sue

Susan said...

A lovely post Mary and yes, I've come to know you as a real person through your writings. I'm glad you're continuing your blog in your own way, and I've always been so happy to read your warm and friendly comments not only on my blog but in others as well.

I kind of consider myself a 'sometimes' blogger visitor too.
I really enjoy having made the cyber-acquaintance of like-minded people. The freedom to come and go, without any pressure, has always appealed to me.

Enjoy your visit and the peace and quiet you're anticipating.

Cheers for now Mary :D)

Mary said...

Thank you ladies. The trip was worse than I had feared. I started a post but realized if a family member saw it they might not appreciate my distress. I'm too nice sometimes. But it will be fun to disguise some of the activities/crimes committed in future posts. I'm sure I'm not alone in this! Babies make rational people crazy sometimes.

Maybe I should say thinly veil the identities? We all have them in our families!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh Mary I will be glad to read whatever you post. I have missed you. I am so bad at reading blogs these days as the farm and my Mom are taking a lot of my time but I know those who can read do and those who can't can't nothing personal and everyone should be able to do what they want.
On your reply to Susan I am sorry it did not turn out as you would have liked. Hugs B