Welcome!

This is a blog about everyday life. Food, gardening, photography, and nature. What you won't find are pictures of lots of people.



Please leave a comment so I can pop over to your blog and visit!


Tuesday, September 6, 2011

3,000 and Counting!

Hello my cyber friends!  I reached 3,000 pageviews over the weekend and I'm astounded.  I realize, of course, that some folks get that many a day, but I never thought I would generate that much interest with my life and random thoughts.

I thought we would celebrate with some random pics.  Enjoy!



These two were taken in Andyville, KY.  I had to chuckle that the venison was packed in LA!  Especially since there was obviously a deer hunter right next door.  We had stopped at the store so my friend could get some liver cheese.  Anyone out there eat that stuff?


The old jailhouse that was destroyed by a tornado is now a pizza place.  Bburg does resemble Mayberry sometimes.  I can almost see Andy and Barney in the car!



Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Buttons Thoughts said...

Congratulations Mary. I love the photos I wonder how a deer would ever jump that roof. I may see that sign different than most I am strange that way.
I love Mayberry. I am glad we found each other. B

Susan said...

Congratulations from me too Mary. Love your random pics - a lot of fun.
Ha ha... is Uno sulking, not letting you take his photo.
Here's a question ... what's liver cheese?
Oh, thank you for including a photo of cutely gorgeous Bobbi!! You made my day :D)

Mary said...

B~I got a chuckle out of the deer sign too. People who live there really do not need to be reminded of deer crossings.

Susan~Uno now thinks he has to perch on my lap and keep lookout while we swing. Liver cheese falls under the category of lunch meat. It is made of liver products and has a gelatinous rim of white fat around the edge. It is soft and smells of garlicky liver. Hungry?