Welcome!

This is a blog about everyday life. Food, gardening, photography, and nature. What you won't find are pictures of lots of people.



Please leave a comment so I can pop over to your blog and visit!


Friday, April 24, 2015

More Paintings!

Once I just about complete a painting I start a new one.  I never know how long it will take as I get stuck one a painting and it just takes time to get unstuck and move on.  If it isn't enjoyable then that is reflected in the painting.


This is the first night  I started it.  Below is the reference photo.




Above I added the second lion then added some color.  Below I used a glaze for the first time!  A glaze is just that, a thin coat of paint.  I wanted the purple in the background for the elephant.



Last night I started with the above and I worked on the lions and started adding purple to the elephant.  My teacher tells me the elephant looks like he is removed from the picture.  When I put the "dust" on the picture I think that will cure the problem.  There is still much to do but I KNOW what to do so it won't take as long.

2 comments:

Sue (this n that) said...

Your glazing is really good Mary. When I enlarged your photos, it shows up well.

It's an exciting scene and you must be real pleased with yourself - your work is excellent.

All the best and keep enjoying your art :D) Cheerio now.

BLD in MT said...

I am impressed. And yes, that purple was just the right touch, I think! Good work--and good strategy for not getting stuck!