Welcome!

This is a blog about everyday life. Food, gardening, photography, and nature. What you won't find are pictures of lots of people.



Please leave a comment so I can pop over to your blog and visit!


Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Power of Sound

Hello Blogging World!

No I have not dropped off the face of the earth.  I've just not had a lot to say lately.  To be perfectly honest, I am at a crossroads about blogging.  I know that I enjoy reading blogs that give me glimpses into your world but I'm not sure how that translates into what I share in my blog.  I like a bit of privacy.  I'm not a people picture person.  I feel like I need permission to publish someone's picture online, especially children.  Call me old fashioned but there it is.

I peek over here from time to time and am amazed that people stop by even though I am not actively blogging with any dependable routine.  The numbers are inching up and I've nearly had 6k in visits.  It makes me wonder what people are interested in hearing.  So if you are reading this please take the time to let me know what you like to read about because I know you are there.  I'm watching you ;)  And for my loyal bloggies, thanks for coming over and looking for me.

I'm mulling over a few topics that have been on mind of late.  I'm a very goal oriented person and when I don't have a goal I feel lazy and lost.  The goal can be career oriented or personal, it doesn't matter but I need something to keep me interested in moving forward and not drifting laterally.  People sometimes think I can't seem to find what I'm looking for, but that isn't it really.  I see those people who claim to have found what they want in life and it seems static to me.  I want movement in my life.  Static = stagnant for me and that isn't living.


Bobbi



Lest I digress into ten cent philosophy I will stop on that note.  One last thing I will share and it has resonated with me since I heard it yesterday.  I listened to a piece of music called "Vanessa".  It combined music with the spoken word narrated by Vanessa and told her story.  Vanessa was born deaf and lived her whole life as a deaf person until age 30 when she got a cochlear implant.  A micro chip was implanted in her brain and she heard sound for the first time.  Now being a musician first and everything else second the thought of not hearing is painful to me.  Vanessa's description of hearing for the first time describes the power of sound, of music perfectly.  On hearing sound for the first time she said :

"I felt my body moving inside."

I don't know about you, but I think I took that for granted.  The sound of wind in the trees, beautiful music, a loved one's voice.......it all makes my body move inside.  That is how I know I'm living.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Mary, as I guess you know since you're watching :), I'm having a lot of fun with your food, gardening and wine posts. If you're looking for suggestions I'd say more of those please! I know what you mean about being at a crossroads with blogging, I try to quit mine every few months. I can't though, it's a monkey on my back now..

Susan said...

Ha ha, yes, I too kind of slow down in blogging now and then. Sometimes I just don't have time to visit everyone, and sometimes I can't think for the life of me what to post about either. I reckon we all must get to that stage Mary.
I love seeing what's in people's neighbourhoods, animals, birds, nature around them, their gardens, what they cook, where they work etc.
I really enjoy whatever you have to say Mary ... that's why I follow your blog.

I was wondering, is that a recent photo of Bobbi? Does he still return?

Your comments about Vanessa were beautiful to read. Yes, there are a lot of things I take for granted. It's nice to be reminded of that sometimes :D) Cheers now



Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh I live for sound I have never not enjoyed those sounds especially the ones hard to hear.
I Love the thought of Vanessa and hearing for the first time.
Blog what and when you like Mary I will listen. Be happy that is what life is all about:) I like the way you are living. B