Welcome!

This is a blog about everyday life. Food, gardening, photography, and nature. What you won't find are pictures of lots of people.



Please leave a comment so I can pop over to your blog and visit!


Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Busy Week



This is my first post and I hope to make it as informative as I can. I have several things going this week and I'm happily running around getting things done. It isn't stressful mind you everything is done in a leisurely fashion. Oh and I have my job too. Its really an unjob as I enjoy what I do very much.




The main thing today is to figure out a dip for a friend to take to work. Its a contest of some sort for charity with a tasting. What a challenge! I love to cook but I rarely make dip and when I do its chili con queso or fresh salsa from the garden. Since the tomatoes are just coming in salsa is out. I will do some research and make the dip and let you know how it turns out. If its a winner I will post the recipe!


That's my little friend that meets me every morning for his breakfast! He's a youngster and has a short tail that got clipped somehow this spring when he was fighting the old squirrel for the spot on my windowsill. The old guy lost :( and I don't know what happened to him.




3 comments:

Susan said...

Just love your little friend Mary - how nice to be greeted by him each morning. Pity about the old guy, but, hey, that's as they say - the circle of life I guess!!

Mary said...

He has stopped coming to my window every morning and I hope he's ok. I'm thinking he's built a new nest.....

The dip in case you wondered got 2nd place. I opted for a Paula Deen recipe for bacon dip. In case you don't know who she is....She is the Queen of Butter and Pork Fat here in the states. And that is a compliment. A southerner too, like me.

Susan said...

Thanks for the update on him Mary, yes, I hope he's just busy with nest building too. I'd love to know if he comes back again.

I did wonder about the dip (I love them), so yay for you coming 2nd. No, hadn't heard of her but am always very interested in learning new things - which is happening so much now I've gotten into blogging!